Sunday, August 25, 2013

Changes

God is taking me on a new journey: college. I haven't been a college student in four years. I'll be 32 in a few weeks and shortly after my 33rd birthday I'll have a Bachelor's in Human Services and Counseling...Lord willing. I am feeling a mix of emotions right now- excited, anxious, overwhelmed, and somewhat intimidated. I feel like the oldest student in my class (I'm not). What I feel most of all though is determined. I want this. And I believe this is what God wants for me too. I've been through a lot in my almost 32 years. I've felt the sting of childhood rejection from those I trusted. I've made a lot of crummy decisions based on selfishness and sin. My husband was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease last May. I've dealt with a mentally-ill family member. My life has not been a bed of roses. On the other hand though I married a wonderful man, gave birth to two sweet boys, I'm healthy, and I have wonderful friends and family that I can depend on. These things, the good and bad, have prepared me to go for a degree that is designed to teach me how to help people. And I've already had the greatest Instructor of all for years, Almighty God. Am I nervous? You bet. Can I do this? You bet.

"I can do all this through him who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:13)

"For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline." (2 Timothy 1:7)

To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment