Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Forgiveness

Forgiveness is defined as the "act of pardoning somebody for a mistake or wrongdoing." 

I've come up with a few questions to get us started with this discussion. Add any that you feel is relevant. You can share your thoughts here or if you're uncomfortable you don't have to.

1. What do you think forgiveness means?

I think forgiveness is a choice to look over a wrong that someone has done to you. It's a choice to not allow bitterness to become a part of your life. Forgiveness does not mean that you have to be friends with the one that hurt you. Bitterness can take root and defile many people by it's influence (Hebrews 12:15)

2. Is forgiving someone hard for you or does it come easy?


Forgiveness, until recently, has not been a problem for me. However, I've been faced with a situation in my life that has required a lot of forgiveness on my part. Honestly, it has been the hardest thing I've had to do since becoming a Christian. I did not want to forgive this person, but the Holy Spirit kept working on my heart and slowly I am forgiving them.

3. What advice would you give someone who is struggling with forgiveness? 


I would remind them that they are not perfect. We all are in need of forgiveness. I would also remind them that Jesus forgave his enemies even before they asked. I would also encourage them to pray. 

4. How does God feel about forgiveness? 


God is forgiveness. He forgives us of all the wrong we do, even after we've become Christians. In the Lord's Prayer forgiveness is only granted to us if we forgive others. Obviously it's a big deal to God. 

5. There are so many wonderful verses in the Scriptures about forgiveness. Please share one and explain what you think it means.


Here are a few verses to read when you can: Romans 5:8, Philippians 2:3-11, Colossians 3:12-14, and Luke 23:34

Take your time with this. I look forward to reading your thoughts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment